CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

PME Professional Course in Sugarpaste

Two days of my course has passed. I have met & learnt so many things & gotten lotsa tools essential in doing a decent looking decorated cake (i only had a pizza cutter and 2 artist paint brushes b4 this). Met really nice ppl all in the cake industry, all doing so well in wat they r doing! So inspired but at the same time intimidated -_-

They taught me about costing, & i realised i am way way undercharging my cakes. My 2tier hula bday girl cake could have easily be sold for more than rm350.... -_- YES i am not lying!! Shame on me to graduate as an accounting student & im not doing my costing & pricing right! U ask, y so expensive?? Cos of the time amount of time spent & also due to the designs on the cake, plus the hula girl decoration.

Anywayz, im the noob among the 5 students, cos all the other four ladies are ALL selling wedding cakes or plan to venture into wedding cakes, cupcakes or teach lessons from home.. My instructor is superb, very good teacher, the wedding cakes he make r gorgeous. & i was told paris hilton ordered cookies from him just last month.. He even made the sultan of brunei or was it selangor's cake WOW.

Money in baking industry is very lucrative, especially if u r able to do wedding cakes. They can fetch pretty high prices... Very very high prices for the art work u do.

I had 2days of classes in a row from 9 to 5 plus i only got to sleep for 3 hours last nite, so im pretty tired right now.

i will post up the pics of my cakes another time, muaX.

0 comments: